A day trip around Koh Chang by joining taxi, the vehicle is an open back Song Thaew. A value for money way to see the sights of the island. 9 points of interest and natural beauty are visitted.
Key points: Pick up time: 08:30, Drop off time: 16:30. Lunch included. National Park Fee optional. Price: 800THB, Kids half price.
You will be picked up from your hotel at about 08:30 by Song Thaew taxi and will be making up to 9 stops during your trip around the island.
1. White Sand Beach view point. Great views over White Sand Beach and Koh Chang's west coast. The offshore islands of Koh Youak and Koh Suan can be seen too, Great photo opportunity.
2. Chinese Temple at Klong Son. Say your prayers and and your wishes have been known to be answered.
3. Than Mayom Waterfall. Approached from the east coast road on the island. To enter the national park (the waterfall itself) you should pay 200THB - save your ticket for use at the second waterfall visit.
4. Salak Kok. The mangrove-lined Salak Kok bay is home to the quiet fishing village which is hardly touched by tourism.
5. Salak Phet. Old fishing fishing which has recently been developed to include yachting marina. Great views out to the bay. Beautiful Temple.
6. During the drive back to the west coast we'll make a stop at a seafood restaurant for lunch, then head to Klong Plu waterfall. To enter the national park (the waterfall itself) you should pay 200THB.
7. Elephant Camp. Photo opportunity at one of the west coast elephant camps.
8. Kai Bae view point. Another perspective of the west coast offshore islands.
9. Bang Bao fishing village. At the southern tip of Koh Chang. The pier is lined with souvenir shops, cafes and seafood restaurants.
Return to your hotel at about 16:30.