Welcome to the Coco Dee Bo Tours and Internet Cafe website. We specialize in providing Tours and Activities on and around the island of Koh Chang, Trat, Thailand. Our website is designed to help you plan your visit to Koh Chang, and from the website you can of course also pre-book your transfer from Bangkok to Koh Chang, as well as your accommodation on Koh Chang and surrounding islands, and any island activities that you wish to reserve prior to your arrival here. We hope that after visiting our website, you will come and visit us at our shop in Chai Chet, conveniently situated on the main road halfway down the west coast of the island.
Our latest weather comment on 01 Apr 2014 @ 12:45: Mostly cloudy with some sunny intervals. 33C at midday.
Check out our Blog
Check out our blog for news of what we're doing to try to make your stay on Koh Chang more enjoyable.
Koh Chang Luxury Guest House
Brand new, behind our shop on the main road in Chai Chet, is the value for money Koh Chang Luxury Guest House. Spotlessly clean, and very well managed by friendly staff, you can select from rooms that have stunning views of the Koh Chang Mountains. The guest house has a fitness center, a bar, and a pool table. Free wifi is given to guests who have their own computers. The double rooms have a recommended price of 1,400 baht but at most times of the year these are selling for 700 baht. For further information, or to make a booking at these special prices, please send us an email.
Half Day Trips
Shorter Half Day Snorkeling Trips from Koh Chang
- The Bang Bao boat makes a crossing to Koh Wai at 09:00 AM, and it's possible to alite at Koh Wai for a stay of either 3 hours or 6 hours. The boat returns into Bang Bao at around 14:00. 3 hour stay is 500 Baht. 6 hour stay is 600 Baht.
- The Bang Bao boat makes a crossing to Koh Mak at 09:00 AM. Arriving at Koh Mak at about 10:30, you can stay on the island for around 2.5 hours. The boat departs Koh Mak for Koh Chang at around 13:00. The price is 600 Baht.
- By speed boat, with pick-up by taxi from your hotel, to the nearby island of Koh Yuak. This boat departs twice a day at 9:00 AM and again at 13:00 PM. Each trip is away for approximately 3 hours. Mask and snorkel are available for your enjoyment, and as refreshment, there is plenty of iced water and fresh fruit. Price is just 500 Baht.
- One of our scubadive companies makes trips by speedboat twice a day to diving areas to the south of Koh Chang. For 1,500 baht it it possible to go along with them as a snorkeler. All equipment is provided. Pick-up from your resort is included; the pick-up times are approximately 07:30 and 12:15.
- We now have a regular half day snorkeling trip to Koh Rang, Koh Wai and 3 other islands which departs Bang Bao at 10:00 AM, returning at 2:30 PM.
- You can charter a private wooden boat, or speed boat from us too, for you half day trip.
Property for Sale and Rent
We have access to a small number of properties, plots of land, and boats for sale and for rent. We are only offering properties where we have personal contact with the owner and which are unlikely to be advertised on any other websites. We are not a property agent. We would work on the basis of introducing you to the seller, and we would be taking a commission from the seller only after completion of a successful transaction.
What We Do
Coco Dee Bo Tours have been in operation on Koh Chang since 2005. We have a shop on the main road at Chai Chet, where we offer all of the available tours around Koh Chang, as well as providing high speed internet access and other computer services.
We offer free advice and information about all of the activities available on Koh Chang. You can book all of the tours with us, and we can also arrange your transport on and off the island, and to the neighbouring islands of the Koh Chang archipeligo. We can make your hotel bookings around Koh Chang, on the neighbouring islands, and throughout Thailand, including Bangkok. We aim to give our customers impartial advice and accurate information prior to selling any tour or service. For example, owing to the arduous conditions on the Cambodian roads, we would advise against any family with very small children from going to Angkor Wat at Siem Reap in Cambodia.
Private speedboats and wooden Thai style boats can be chartered through us for half-day, full-day, or longer excursions. We deal with 3 of the top diving schools in operation on Koh Chang, so make Coco Dee Bo your one-stop place for making your dive reservations.
We also have high speed internet with WiFi access. WiFi is free if you buy some food or drink from our restaurant/bar/coffee shop. Otherwise you can pay for hourly, daily, or unlimited access. Do try our fresh coffee, soft and alcoholic drinks, and home prepared Thai and Western cooking at our tables in a shaded area outside the shop.
English, Thai and French languages are spoken by the owner Bo, and Colin, so you can be sure of no mis-understandings at the time of your booking. One of our customers buying from another agency told us of their experience of an "elephant trek" which turned out to be a 6 hour jungle trek by foot! More about our available tours here. You can always ask us any questions about tours and activities by sending an email to us prior to your arrival on Koh Chang.
Inside our 2 shops we have internet cafes with up to 8 modern desktop computers and TFT monitors and we also have a WiFi access point so you can use your own notebook computer from the beach close to our shop, or from the surroundings of our shop on the road. Our internet connections run at a speed of up to 2 Megabits per second, and our customers often comment that our connection speed and reliability far exceeds any others they have experienced on the island. This is maybe because we have SHDSL lines which have much lower contention than ADSL lines and much faster upstream speeds. This means your video call to your friends at home should be much clearer in sound and vision. If you bring your own notebook computer, then we can give you wireless access to our internet connection, either by the hour, or by the day, or we can give you open access for your entire stay. Attached to our computers are webcams and audio equipment, and in conjuction with the Skype, Messenger, and Voipbuster applications you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family at home. We also have some small notebook computers for rent.